Home | Animal Care Center | Contact Us | About Us









Contact Us:


or by email



Birds can be a great member to the family, but there are a few things that need to be taken into consideration before taking one of these little guys home. Each species has their own specific needs that you as the caretaker must provide.

  • Cages: You'll want your little buddy to feel safe and confortable in their home. Buy the largest cage you can reasonably manage in your home. Especially if you dont plan on interacting with them very often, they will need the extra space to move around and stretch out.
  • All ready have birds at home? It is very important to introduce them to each other slowly. Birds are just like us, we get along with some people and sometimes we dont. It is best to have two seperate cages when introducing new birds. Keeping the two cages in the same room, as close as you can manage is very important for them to get used to each other.
  • Diet. Bird's diets change from one species to another, but a good rule of thumb is that 50% - 70% should be seeds and nuts (standard foods from pet stores) while the other 30% - 50% should be fresh fruits and leafy greens. Many birds also like "people foods" NO alcohol, caffeine, chocolate, or avacados! Fresh water should be provided daily.


Hours of Operation:

Monday - Saturday:
10am - 9pm

10am - 6pm


© Koolau Pets, Inc. 2011 | 46-056 Kamehameha Highway | Kaneohe, HI 96744
(808) 235-6477  | Contact Us | Last Updated: 07-01-11