|Home | Animal Care Center | Contact Us | About Us|
or by email
The original store founded in March of 1974 by Mel & Napua Furtado, we started of as a 300sq.ft. shop consisting mostly of marine and fresh water tropical fish. Located on Kamehameha Hwy across from Mui Kwai Chop Suey house. Later expanding into a full line pet store specialzing in tropical brids and parrots. With the lease expiring soon Mel & Napua moved to Windward City Shopping Center in 1976, but the business mix, poor traffic flow, and the new management caused them to relocate once more. In 1982 Koolau Pets had established its roots in Windward Mall on the upper level next to Sears. Now sporting a 1800 sq.ft. store business was booming, sales were up due to the traffic flow from the overall appeal of Windward Mall. With our continual increase in business the mall managment relocated us to the JC Pennys wing in 1991 and with the new large plot and added foot traffic we were able to expand to 3500 sq ft. Following the close of JC Penny in 2001 we were left to find our own creative and intuitive approach to maintain a steady flow of customers. With the grand opening of Regal Windward Stadium 10 (Theaters) wing of the mall expireneced the revival it needed for us to get to where we are today. Now with over 6400 sq ft of pets and pet supplies come on down and see what we have in store for you!
Need Directions ?
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
|© Koolau Pets, Inc. 2011 | 46-056 Kamehameha Highway | Kaneohe, HI 96744
(808) 235-6477 | Contact Us | Last Updated: 07-01-11